I admit, I’ve become one of those people. Someone who must take her medicine, on a regular schedule, for an indefinite number of years, and yet so frequently forgets to take the medication that makes such a difference on her quality of life.
And for this I must pay… in two ways.
1. By eating my words. I regularly nag my mother for neglecting to take what we call her “breathing meds.” She is severely asthmatic and tends to only take her medicine on an as-needed basis, even though her doctors stress the importance of a consistent prevention routine. I am, officially, a hypocrite in one more way.
2. By spending money. I need to buy a portable pill case. Something simple I can carry with me all the time. Far too often I leave my purse in the car and don’t remember to take my medicine until we’re home from dinner. By then it’s nearly 8:00 and the mandatory four hour wait between medicine and sleep has me up until the wee hours of the morning trying desperately to sit up and stay awake.
Most pill cases are fairly large and hideous, but I’m looking for a portable option that reflects my taste and fits my lifestyle. Although I have yet to place an order, I have narrowed down my options and learned something valuable in the process:
Seriously?! A stash pendant?
And, with that, I will drag my online shopping away from the shady fringe to a whole lot of stainless steel:
1. Deluxe Pill Fob Necklace ($5-$10)
2. Stainless Steel Key Ring Pill Box (about $4)
3. Harry Koenig Round Pull Box (about $10)
4. Vial Pill Case – 14 Day (about $40)
5. Ezy Dose Deluxe Metal Pill Fob Key Chain ($5-$10) similar
6. e-pill MedMemory Pill Carrier (about $40) not pictured
Which would you select? Do you have a similar product? Is there something else you recommend I look into?